Thursday, 30 June 2011

To find the sid and serial# of a Concurrent Request in Oracle Financials R 11i and R12

Objective:
Some times we need to kill a hang concurrent request, and to kill it, we need to find the sid and serial# of that concurrent request.

Cookbook:

Following SQL query can be run with APPS user on APPS Database , it will need to provide the concurrent request id, and then it will give the sid and serial# of that concurrent requests, more information can also be obtained from v$session and v$sqlarea views.

Following is the SQL query

----------
SELECT ses.sid,
ses.serial#
FROM v$session ses,
v$process pro
WHERE ses.paddr = pro.addr
AND pro.spid IN (SELECT oracle_process_id
FROM fnd_concurrent_requests
WHERE request_id = &request_id);

---------

Sunday, 19 June 2011

SQL Server 2008 error: The SQL Server failed to initialize VIA support library QLVipl.dll

Introduction:
The Network protocol VIA was enabled, and after that SQL Server 2008 didnt startup and on checking the event log file, the following error was in the log file.

SQL Server The SQL Server failed to initialize VIA support library QLVipl.dll

CookBook:
On disabling the network protocol VIA, when SQL Server 2008 was started from SQL Server Configuration Manager , it started successfully.

Saturday, 11 June 2011

Oracle APPS R12 cloning issue

Introduction:
Having successfully cloned the db Tier, when we tried to clone the APPS Tier, it gave the following errors.

Uploading Metadata file /APPS/TST/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/adctxinf.tmp
Metadata file /APPS/TST/apps/apps_st/appl/ad/12.0.0/admin/template/adctxinf.tmp upload failed.
Check log file created by FNDCPUCF program.
ERRORCODE = 137 ERRORCODE_END
.end std out.
ld.so.1: FNDCPUCF: fatal: /APPS/TST/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Killed
ld.so.1: FNDCPUCF: fatal: /APPS/TST/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib/libclntsh.so.10.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
Killed

CookBook:

When we checked the logs and error messages , we came to know that os user of the apps tier i.e. appltst doesnt have the permissions on the oraInventory location. Having made a new directory of oraInventory when we again ran the "perl adcfgclone.pl appsTier" it was all successful.